Great Canadian Oil Change Medicine Hat Location
Customer Appreciation Day
Thursday, Sept. 3, 2020 from 8:00 am to 6 pm.
Please join us on Thursday, September 3 at the Medicine Hat location of Great Canadian Oil Change for our Customer Appreciation Day. There will be specials all day and prizes draws at the end of the day.
Oil Change specials: $25 off every oil change package!!!! $25 Oil Change coupons. Every 15th customer will get a FREE oil change. Random ½ price oil changes.
Some of the AWESOME prizes include: A 55 inch Smart TV, Bed Bath & Beyond gift certificate, Brown’s Social House gift certificate, Ace Liquor gift certificate, Optiks International gift certificate, Freshii gift certificate, and Great Clips gift certificate!
And best yet, we will be donating $10 from each and every oil change to Halo Air Rescue!
Everyone is automatically entered to win the prizes. The top prize is a 55 inch Smart TV.
We hope to see you there!
The Great Canadian Oil Change Medicine Hat Team
Great Canadian Oil Change Kindersley Location
Customer Appreciation Day
Thursday, July 30, 2020 from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Please join us on Thursday, July 30 at the Kindersley location of Great Canadian Oil Change for our Customer Appreciation Day. There will be specials and prizes all day. $20 off every oil change. Every 15th customer will get a FREE oil change. Brittany from 104.9 FM will be onsite announcing even MORE prizes throughout the day. And best yet, we will be donating $10 from each and every oil change to West Central Abilities!
Everyone is automatically entered to win the prizes. The top prize is a 55 inch Smart TV.
We hope to see you there!
The Great Canadian Oil Change Kindersley Team
Medicine Hat Location Now Open at 1870 Strachan Road in Medicine Hat, Alberta
Welcome to the newest Great Canadian Oil Change franchise. As of Thursday, July 16, 2020 we have opened a new location in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
Welcome to the best customer service oriented oil change and vehicle care shop in Medicine Hat, Alberta. We are located on Strachan Road. The Great Canadian Oil Change team offer warranty-approved conventional and synthetic oil changes, as well as coolant, transmission, and differential services. Get your windshield wiper blades and lights bulbs replaced when you visit. Our service is thorough yet quick, to get you back on the road fast. You will be wowed by our speedy and efficient service with a smile!
Come experience what we have at the Great Canadian Oil Change! Stop on by at 1870 Starchan Road in Medicine Hat today.
No Appointment is ever needed!
The Great Canadian Oil Change Team
Follow these tips for keeping your engine cool for all your summer travels in Regina, Saskatchewan, and beyond!
What does coolant or antifreeze do?
Coolant, also called antifreeze, is the fluid found in your radiator. Your coolant contains a chemical (ethylene glycol) that stops water from freezing or boiling in regular and extreme temperatures. Coolant also contains rust, corrosion and foaming inhibitors. Not only is coolant important in the summer to prevent the water in your radiator from boiling over, coolant also provides lubrication for the moving parts it comes into contact with inside your vehicle. It keeps the seals and gaskets supple so they are less likely to harden and leak. There are also anti-corrosive properties in the coolant that protect metal pieces in the engine from corroding.
How can I check my coolant level?
To check your coolant level, find the coolant reservoir under the hood of your vehicle. The reservoir or the cap may be labelled as “Engine Coolant” or have a warning label such as “Never Open Hot”. In most cases, you should be able to see if the liquid reaches the full line on the side of the reservoir without opening the cap.
If the coolant level is lower than the full line, it might just need a top up. However if the existing fluid looks colourless or rusty or has debris floating in it, it is time to flush the old coolant out and add new. Although it is possible to simply drain the old coolant and replace it, this only refreshes the fluid in the radiator, not in the other parts of the vehicle that the coolant comes into contact with (like the engine block and hoses). In contrast, a complete coolant flush (also known as a radiator flush) will clean the entire coolant system and help protect the system for the long haul.
Regardless of the level or the colour of the fluid, there is also a point in time that the protective properties of the existing coolant break down and do not provide the benefits needed. Over time the rust, corrosion and foaming inhibitors become less effective, leaving you with breakdowns and costly damages. The recommended service point is reached at a different time for each make and model of vehicle. At that time a coolant flush is an important part of maintenance so that your engine continues to be protected properly.
Where in Regina can I get a coolant service or flush if needed?
Great Canadian Oil Change in Regina offers full coolant services. As part of our everyday service, our technicians check your radiator fluid and top it up if needed. If your vehicle has reached the recommended service interval at which the manufacturer recommends a coolant flush, we will inform you of this. For your convenience, we offer a complete coolant system flush service which you may choose to do at that time or anytime!
What services are included a “Coolant Flush” or “Radiator Flush”?
In a coolant (or radiator) flush, we completely change the fluid in your radiator and coolant system. We remove all of the old coolant in the radiator, the engine, the hoses and the heater core and replace it with warranty approved fluid. We also check for leaks in the system and test the radiator cap. Replacing the fluid helps protect against rust and corrosion, engine freeze up and helps your vehicle operate at its most efficient temperature.
Helping you to “keep cool and drive on” this summer!
Happy travels from the Great Canadian Oil Change team.
G.C.O.C. Health Protocols
Updated 08:59 CST, May 8, 2020
Company Process Adjustments
Message To Our Guests
- We have modified our hours. Regina: see hours here. Kindersley: see hours here.
- Keeping guests in their vehicles is even more important now.
- We are asking our guests to place their keys on top of their dashboards instead of into our key boxes.
- We are politely asking guests to reset their oil lights, with our verbal instructions, so that a team member is not required to sit in or lean into the vehicle.
- We will not require guests to sign invoices.
- Sorry! We will not be offering beverages to guests.
Message To Our Staff
- Maintain two (2) metres between you and everyone else.
- Staff should be wearing nitrile gloves at all times.
- We are suspending in-cabin, cabin air filter inspections for the time being.
- Wipe down POS machines after every guest.
- Offer to email guests their invoice.
- If you use the washrooms, please wipe down toilets and faucets after use.
- If sneezing and coughing occurs, be sure to use the elbow technique.
- As our local and federal government agencies recommend, we are reinforcing the message for everyone to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds and often.
- We should be constantly wiping down often-touched surfaces, such as door handles, faucets, toilets, handrails, printers and keyboards, on a more frequent basis.
- Avoid being within six feet of each other. This means 1. Stay out of employee room. 2. Bay ownership is more important than ever.
- Experiencing flu-like symptoms? Google “Sask health self asses” and follow the recommendations listed there.
Find up-to-date information at www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration- and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and- guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus
From the Great Canadian Oil Change Team in Regina and Kindersley
Oil A Thon – Great Canadian Oil Change in Regina on East Quance Street and on Rochdale Boulevard are making it easier than ever to get your oil changed AND help save babies lives!
Great Canadian Oil Change Quance Street and Rochdale Boulevard are having an Oil-a-thon to raise funds for the annual Z99 Radiothon for NICU!
What is an Oil A Thon????
If you find it tricky to get your oil changed during regular business hours, no problem! We will be offering oil changes for 36 hours straight starting Thursday, February 27 at 6 a.m. through to Friday, February 28 at 6 p.m.
$20 from each Oil Change will be donated to the Z99 Radiothon!
You’ll also have a chance to win some GREAT prizes!
If you cannot make the Oil A Thon, you can still make donations to the z99 Radiothon until March 19, 2019 at our 3 Regina locations – Albert and Quance and Rochdale…
From now until March 19 we are collecting donations toward the Z99 Radiothon at all three Great Canadian Oil Change locations in Regina: 907 Albert Street, 3112 East Quance Street and 4530 Rochdale Boulevard.
The Z99 Radiothon will be held on March 19 & 20 at the Cornwall Centre in Regina. 36 hours of fun starting at 6 am March 19!
Thank you for helping to save babies lives by donating toward equipment for the Rawlco Centre for Mother Baby Care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at the Regina General Hospital.
See you at the Oil a Thon!
There are differences between the types of motor oil available to consumers. Here we try to provide information that will help you make a choice for your vehicle.
What is the difference between regular and synthetic oil?
Regular motor oil, also called “conventional” oil, is a mineral grade oil derived from crude liquid oil from the ground. It is created by a refining process.
Synthetic motor oil is also refined from crude oil from the ground. However it is processed further than conventional oil is. Synthetic oil is distilled, purified and broken down into its basic molecules. This process not only removes more impurities from the crude oil but also enables individual molecules in the oil to be tailored to the demands of modern engines.
What are the advantages or benefits of using synthetic oil?
A synthetic lubricant contains more highly refined base oils than those used in conventional mineral oils, offering you superior protection and performance. Synthetic engine oils provide a variety of benefits that keep your engine running at optimal performance for years.
Here are some of the benefits of using synthetic oil:
- Synthetic lubricants protect better at any temperature. In the summer, your engine will stay cooler and therefore use less fuel. In the winter, the engine receives lubrication sooner than with mineral grade oil. At any temperature, when an engine is first started, a mineral oil takes some time to circulate, allowing friction between non-lubricated parts to cause wear. In contrast, a synthetic lubricant starts circulating straight away, protecting every moving part within the engine. This results in less metal-to-metal contact and thus extends the life of the engine.
- Synthetic oil keeps your engine cleaner. As oil circulates through your engine it can pick up deposits. Over time, conventional oils can sometimes form sludge, which can reduce your engine’s efficiency and, ultimately, reduce the life of your engine. Sludge deposits can turn into varnish (sludge deposits that have hardened and coat internal surfaces) over time, thus synthetic oil helps protect against varnish as well.
- Use of synthetic oil helps to cut engine emissions when compared to conventional mineral oils. This makes them more environmentally friendly compared to regular oil. Conventional mineral oils contain greater amounts of impurities, such as sulphur, reactive and unstable hydrocarbons, and other undesirable contaminants that cannot be completely removed by conventional refining of crude oil.
- Synthetic oils can also significantly improve fuel economy and efficiency. During the warm-up period of a typical truck journey, mineral oils are thicker and move more slowly, making the engine thirstier and less efficient. Synthetics, however, get to work much more quickly, so the engine reaches peak operating efficiency that much sooner.
What about synthetic blend oil?
Synthetic blend oil is part synthetic oil and part conventional oil. It was created to counter the high price of pure synthetic oil, and imparts some of the benefits of synthetics into conventional oil, but at a lower price. The downside is that your vehicle won’t reap the benefits of a fully synthetic product.
What are the benefits of synthetic blend oil?
An analysis of the differences between synthetic, synthetic blends and conventional oil by Valvoline, suggest that SOME of their blends (not all) offer benefits that approach that of a full synthetic in the areas of protection, cleanliness & horsepower, and other areas. Some provide anti-wear protection and better cold start protection that conventional oil. Some help minimize sludge and prevent deposit formation. Some are better designed for today’s most advanced engines, and some contain special seal conditioners that rejuvenate engine seals to help prevent leaks. These advantages do not apply to all blends equally. This all means that if you choose to use a synthetic blend oil, you should choose which one to use carefully according to what benefits you are looking for.
According to Valvoline’s information, if you are looking for an oil to provide help maintain fuel efficiency for the life of the oil, or provide excellent protection in extreme hot and cold temperatures, you should look at a FULL synthetic.
For more detailed information, refer to the easy-to-read motor oil comparison chart found on the Valvoline website.
If I just want to use conventional oil, what do you suggest?
If you choose to use a regular or conventional oil, you will be happy to know that there have been improvements to conventional mineral oil over the years. Brands such as Valvoline produce premium conventional oils. Their premium conventional oil is an all-climate motor oil with stated benefits of:
- Helping to keep the engine clean by minimizing deposit formation
- Resisting oil thickening by providing solid oxidation control
- Improving gas mileage with the most commonly recommended grades by reducing friction.
- Providing anti-wear protection exceeding current U.S., Japanese and European wear tests for gasoline engines where each grade is specified
Visit Great Canadian Oil Change for all your oil change needs
At Great Canadian Oil Change we offer a wide variety of oil products to meet your needs. We will recommend the conventional and synthetic oil products which meet your vehicle manufacturer warranty requirements and leave the choice to you. Visit the services page on Great Canadian Oil Change Regina’s website for a description of the quality Valvoline products we offer.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the joys of the Season!
Our staff elves are busy working hard to serve you!
From Great Canadian Oil Change Regina – Quance and Albert locations
FREE conventional oil change or $70 Off any Oil Change for Veterans – and those currently in the Armed Forces – on November 10
To honour the sacrifices veterans have made and active service personnel are making in serving our great country, Great Canadian Oil Change Regina, at all locations – ALBERT STREET, East QUANCE STREET and ROCHDALE locations, is announcing a FREE CONVENTIONAL OIL CHANGE or $70 off any other Oil Change Package. Come in with your vehicle that has a VETERAN LICENSE PLATE or show your current MILITARY IDENTIFICATION on Sunday, November 10th during our opening hours (10 am to 4 pm).
This applies to any oil change package – conventional, semi-synthetic and full synthetic.
We are proud to offer our veterans and active service personnel this discount!
Veterans with a veteran license plate and those with active service personnel with current military identification simply need to drive to the 3115 Quance Street East or 907 Albert Street or 4530 Rochdale Boulevard locations, because at Great Canadian Oil Change you never need an appointment.
All work is warranty-approved for every make and model of vehicle, foreign or domestic, and is done by qualified technicians, some who have ownership in the business.
Please come see us SUNDAY for this special offer.
We will be closed Monday, November 11 in honour of Remembrance Day.
Thank you all who serve this country and continue to make it a great place to live and work.
Great Canadian Oil Change Regina – Albert Street, Quance Street and Rochdale Boulevard.
Our staff shows their Game Day Pride for the 2019 Season!
Wishing the Saskatchewan Roughriders a great 2019 season!
Great Canadian Oil Change Regina at 3115 Quance Street East and 907 Albert Street