GCOC Health Protocols in response to COVID-19
G.C.O.C. Health Protocols
Updated 08:59 CST, May 8, 2020
Company Process Adjustments
Message To Our Guests
- We have modified our hours. Regina: see hours here. Kindersley: see hours here.
- Keeping guests in their vehicles is even more important now.
- We are asking our guests to place their keys on top of their dashboards instead of into our key boxes.
- We are politely asking guests to reset their oil lights, with our verbal instructions, so that a team member is not required to sit in or lean into the vehicle.
- We will not require guests to sign invoices.
- Sorry! We will not be offering beverages to guests.
Message To Our Staff
- Maintain two (2) metres between you and everyone else.
- Staff should be wearing nitrile gloves at all times.
- We are suspending in-cabin, cabin air filter inspections for the time being.
- Wipe down POS machines after every guest.
- Offer to email guests their invoice.
- If you use the washrooms, please wipe down toilets and faucets after use.
- If sneezing and coughing occurs, be sure to use the elbow technique.
- As our local and federal government agencies recommend, we are reinforcing the message for everyone to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds and often.
- We should be constantly wiping down often-touched surfaces, such as door handles, faucets, toilets, handrails, printers and keyboards, on a more frequent basis.
- Avoid being within six feet of each other. This means 1. Stay out of employee room. 2. Bay ownership is more important than ever.
- Experiencing flu-like symptoms? Google “Sask health self asses” and follow the recommendations listed there.
Find up-to-date information at www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration- and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and- guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus
From the Great Canadian Oil Change Team in Regina and Kindersley